Strict compliance with the specified steam quality by using a suitable water treatment and conditioning is fundamental for the avoidance of potential damage to the steam turbine and the steam-carrying plant components. To avoid damage to the steam turbine as a result of operation not in compliance with the respective chemical mode of operation, MAN PrimeServ offers an analytical system constantly monitoring the steam quality. The measuring points can be integrated in the control system of the steam turbine to enable the direct display of the current measured values as well as the alarm notifications in the event of threshold value violations in the monitoring system of the steam turbine unit.
- Protection from deposits of dissolved and undissolved substances in steam
- Protection from corrosion due to electrolytic deposits, potential differences, pH value and gases dissoved in steam
- Display of measuring data in steam turbine control system
- Alerting of operating personnel in case of non-conformities
- Provision of data via optional intelligent remote diagnostic system irds(r)